The X Factor 15
Application Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions relate to your application to participate in a talent search competition being filmed for a series of television programmes provisionally entitled “The X Factor” (the "Programme") which FremantleMedia Limited trading as Thames and Simco Limited (together the “Producer”) propose but do not undertake to produce for ITV. The information given by you in your application may be used in the Programme should you be selected to audition.
- You are not eligible to apply to enter this competition if you are an employee or a close relation of an employee of ITV plc, FremantleMedia Group, Simco Limited or any parent, subsidiary or associated company.
- You acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions for this competition as determined by the Producer (the "Rules") and you acknowledge that the Rules may be changed (including without limitation verbally) at any time by the Producer in their sole discretion. The Producers’ decisions regarding all elements of the application process, the competition and the Programme shall be final and binding.
- Applications can be made online at itv.com or stv.tv. Entry is closed on 1 July 2018 at 23:59 GMT or at such other date and time as the Producer may elect. The Producers and ITV may in their sole discretion include additional methods of application at any time and the closing dates for such methods will be as stated in the relevant promotion.
- Please note that outside of this application process, acts may also be invited to audition for the Programme by researchers acting on behalf of the Producer. Such acts will be required to go through the audition process and the Programme Rules will apply.
- Applicants who are not available for a first round audition may still be considered for a second round audition on the basis of a submitted DVD or video clip at the sole discretion of the Producer whose decision will be final and binding.
- Any applications not received in time for this series may be considered for series 16 and/or as reserves. We cannot guarantee that all applicants will receive a response.
- General Participation terms at itv.com/terms also apply. If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and the programme recruitment terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- The Producer, ITV, their agents and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any online applications, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any messages or applications not being properly received or recorded.
- Applicants will be selected and invited to attend an audition at a time and location to be decided at the sole discretion of the Producer whose decision will be final and binding.
- The completion of an application does not guarantee that an applicant will receive an audition or participate in the Programme.
- Please note that to audition for the Programme you must be at least 14 years old by 1 July 2018 (or any later closing date as specified by the Producer).
- If you are under 18 years of age please make sure that you get the permission of your parents or legal guardians before applying.
- If you are under 18 years of age and you are invited to audition, you must be accompanied by your parents or legal guardians at the audition. Proof of age will be required at the auditions. If the audition dates are during school term times, it is your responsibility to obtain confirmation of authorised leave of absence during school term times from your school and/or local authority. The Producer and ITV will not be liable where you do not obtain such authorisation.
- If you are applying on behalf of a group please ensure that you have the consent of all members of the group and if any member of the group is under the age of 18 then please also ensure you have the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
- You must have the right to be in the UK and perform in the Programme and if you progress to the final stages of the Programme, the right to live and work in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland. You must be able to demonstrate that you have this right on request by the Producer at any time and you agree to notify the Producer immediately of any change in your immigration status.
- In the event that you are invited to attend an audition you hereby irrevocably grant all consents necessary for the Producer to film and record such audition and to use recordings featuring your contribution, including without limitation your image and/or voice, in connection with the Programme and/or ancillary rights in the Programme and to exploit the same in all media throughout the world in perpetuity without the need for payment to you. You agree to waive any moral rights that may exist in relation to your contribution. You acknowledge that you understand the style, nature and format of the Programme and that we reserve the right to show all auditions whether successful or unsuccessful.
- Should you be selected to take part in the Programme you agree and undertake to enter into further contracts with the Producer and you agree to abide by the terms therein.
- All personal details and/or information given in your application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
- The Producer reserves the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of these terms and conditions.
- You will not without the Producer’s prior written consent disclose, publish or discuss with any third party any information relating to the Programme, your appearance in the Programme, the production team or any participants in the Programme nor any other information which may come to your attention including without limitation in relation to the broadcaster, the Producer or otherwise save where such information is already in the public domain.
You must disclose to the Producer details of any unspent criminal convictions other than driving offences which have not resulted in a ban or more serious sentence. You shall notify the Producer immediately if there are any criminal charges brought against you or if any information you provide in your application becomes inaccurate between now and the date of first transmission of the Programme.
- We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. The information you provide about yourself as part of the application procedure will be used by the Producer to assess whether or not to select you for the Programme. If you are successful, this information may be used in connection with the production and promotion of the Programme. By submitting this application form you consent to any information you provide, including without limitation any sensitive personal information, being used for this purpose.
- If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal information or if you would like to update your information because your details have changed, please contact the Data Protection Officer by post at FremantleMedia Limited, 1 Stephen Street, London W1T 1AL or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
The X Factor is a registered trademark of FremantleMedia Ltd & Simco Ltd. Based on the television programme "The X Factor" produced by Thames (part of the FremantleMedia Group) and Syco TV.
Terms & conditions of entry | itv.com/xfactor